#MeToo, Now What? The Sexual Harassment Debate from the Legal Trenches
Alice Jump and Nicole Page (Partners at Reavis Page Jump LLP) take a critical look at the business and legal landscapes in the wake of sexual harassment revelations that have sparked a movement and raised ground-shifting questions about workplace practices and procedures across industries. Alice and Nicole offer participants:
1. A summary of applicable federal and state law (e.g., quid pro quo; hostile work environment)
2. An overview of the #MeToo movement, including historical perspective and analysis of resulting changes in the entertainment industry
3. An examination of resulting conversations within legal circles (e.g., new federal tax law affects company settlements; re-examination of NDAs; changes to state laws; pros and cons of compulsory arbitration)
4. An assessment of the human costs of sexual harassment in the workplace
5. Proposals for improved corporate practices in the prevention of and response to workplace harassment, especially in light of the cultural and legal challenges of addressing these issues in different industries
You may also like...
DISCLAIMER: Because of the generality of this material, the information provided herein may not be applicable in all situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal advice based on particular situations.